MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
ANNIE PORTER AINSWORTH MEMORIAL LIBRARY
6064 SOUTH MAIN STREET, PO BOX 69
SANDY CREEK, NEW YORK 13145
Date: July 11, 2017, 6:00 p.m.
Kind of Meeting: Regular Meeting
Board Members Present: Rachel Allen, Ashley Haskins, James Horth, Brandy Snyder-VanRy, Charles Worden
Others Present: Jessica Godfrey
CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
President James Horth called the meeting to order at 6:13 pm.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Motion to approve agenda by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Brandy Snyder-VanRy; approved.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion to approve the minutes from the June 13, 2017 meeting by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Rachel Allen;
● Director’s Report
○ See attached report.
○ Motion to give a contribution towards a gift to Steve Bolton for retirement by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
● Finance Report
○ The Board reviewed the current budget as presented by Ashley Haskins.
○ Motion to transfer $349.06 from the General Fund into the Director’s Account by Charles Worden, seconded by Brandy Snyder-VanRy; approved.
○ Motion to transfer $139.69 from Genealogy Account to the General Account by Brandy Snyder-VanRy, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
■ $40.00 for book purchases in January 2017
■ $12.00 for the Half-Shire Historical Society in January 2017
■ $87.69 for book purchases in June/July 2017
○ Balances as of July 11, 2017
■ General Fund $25,657.23
■ Director’s Account $345.71
■ Genealogy Account $20,497.38
■ CD $6,326.23
○ Unscheduled Bills
■ Jessica Godfrey in the amount of $29.62 for mileage reimbursement
■ Deaton’s Home Center in the amount of $35.99
■ Baker and Taylor in the amount of $412.84
○ Motion to pay unscheduled bills in addition to regularly scheduled bills by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
PERIOD FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION
None at this time.
CORRESPONDENCE AND COMMUNICATION
● Follow-up for all correspondence received at the June meeting has been written and mailed.
● Two letters have been received from the United States Government regarding a background check for Tyffany Howlett Hollenbeck regarding her past employment at the library. Jim will be completing and returning this paperwork.
● A donation made in memory of Mrs. Joyce Miles in the amount of $100 was received from Ms. Judith Holyoke. A thank you letter to Ms. Holyoke and a letter notifying the family of the donation will be sent.
● Outstanding Actionable Items- The Board discussed and developed a plan for the remaining items on the action plan. A committee has been formed to complete the application for the 501c3 status. Ashley and Charles will be working on this application and will be consulting Matt Corey at NCLS as questions arise.
● Policy Revision
○ Conflict of Interest Policy- Motion to approve the Conflict of Interest Policy as revised by Brandy Snyder VanRy, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
○ Personnel & Volunteer Personal Appearance Policy- Motion to approve the Personnel & Volunteer Personal Appearance Policy as revised by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
○ Public Relations Policy- Motion to approve the Public Relations Policy as revised by Charles Worden, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
○ DVD Policy- The permission/loan letter was discussed by the director and Board. The
Circulation and Interlibrary Loan Policy will need to be revised to reflect the change in this policy. This policy will be reviewed at the August meeting.
○ Approval of Employee Handbook- The approval of the Employee Handbook was tabled until the August meeting.
● Conference/Workshop Approval- There are no new requests at this time.
● Policy Revision- Wireless Internet Access Policy- Motion to approve the Wireless Internet Access Policy as revised by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
● NCLS Website Tune-up Grant- It was decided that the monthly Board minutes will be added to the library website to fulfill the requirements to qualify for the $100 NCLS Website Tune-up Grant. Motion to pursue the Website Tune-Up grant money from NCLS with the addition of the Board Minutes to the website by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
NEXT MEETING DATE
The next regular meeting for the Board of Trustees is scheduled for Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 6:00 pm. This meeting will take place at the Library.
Motion to adjourn at 8:50 pm by Brandy Snyder-VanRy, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
Rachel F. Allen
**All motions unanimously carried unless otherwise noted.**