MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
ANNIE PORTER AINSWORTH MEMORIAL LIBRARY
6064 SOUTH MAIN STREET, PO BOX 69
SANDY CREEK, NEW YORK 13145
Date: September 18, 2017, 6:00 p.m.
Kind of Meeting: Regular Meeting
Board Members Present: Rachel Allen, Ashley Haskins, James Horth, Charles Worden
Others Present: Jessica Godfrey, Celicia Robbins
CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
President James Horth called the meeting to order at 6:04 pm. Absent from the meeting was Brandy Snyder-VanRy (approved). Treasurer Ashley Haskins attended the meeting through a conference call.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Motion to approve agenda by Rachel Allen, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion to approve the minutes from the August 15, 2017 meeting by Rachel Allen, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
● Director’s Report
○ See attached report.
○ Motion to transfer $378.20 from the Operating Account into the Director’s Account by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Charles Worden, approved.
● Finance Report
○ Balances as of September 18, 2017
■ General Fund $13,417.33
■ Director’s Account $12.40
■ Genealogy Account $20,358.37
■ CD $6,339.29
○ Unscheduled Bills
■ Jessica Godfrey in the amounts of $60.00, $31.85, $25.00 (totaling $116.85) for medical reimbursements
■ Baker and Taylor in the amount of $420.63 for library materials
■ Salmon River News in the amount of $45.95 for a 12-month subscription
■ W. B. Mason in the amounts of $15.90, $28.95, $49.83 (totaling $94.83) for
■ Motion to pay unscheduled bills in addition to the regularly scheduled bills with the exception of the North Country Library System (NCLS) software support bill and Erie Insurance premium adjustment bills which have been tabled until the next meeting by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
PERIOD FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION
None at this time.
CORRESPONDENCE AND COMMUNICATION
Two donations have been received from Ann Williams totaling $25.00 for the sale of her mother’s book Pierrepont Diaries. A donation in the amount of $20.00 was received from Laura Paddock in recognition of the good work taking place in the library. Rachel will be sending thank you letters to these two individuals.
● Outstanding Actionable Items- The Action Plan was examined and tasks are being completed.
○ Motion that Charles proceeds with moving the printer over to wired printing only access unless he finds out if there will be a cost incurred, at which point he will need to report back to the Board for approval by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
○ Motion that if the town attorney approves the letter as written, the secretary will mail the letter to the Attorney General by Charles Worden, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
● Conference/Workshop Approval
○ Jessica Godfrey and Celicia Robbins have requested to attend the North Country Library System (NCLS) Annual Meeting to take place in Watertown on September 28, 2017.
○ Motion to approve the library staff attendance at the conference and the subsequent closure of the library facility on Thursday, September 28, 2017 by Ashley Haskins,
seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
○ Motion to pay the revised mileage reimbursement request for Jessica Godfrey and Celicia Robbins by Charles Worden, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
● Draft 2018 Budget- The Board reviewed the 2018 budget. Ashley will get more information so we can come up with final draft at the October meeting.
NEXT MEETING DATE
The next regular meeting for the Board of Trustees is scheduled for Monday, October 23, 2017 at 6:00 pm. This meeting will take place at the library.
The Board went into Executive Session at 8:21 pm. Jessica Godfrey was invited to stay. The Board came out of Executive Session at 8:26 pm.
Motion to adjourn at 8:27 pm by Charles Worden, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
Rachel F. Allen
**All motions unanimously carried unless otherwise noted.**