MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
ANNIE PORTER AINSWORTH MEMORIAL LIBRARY
6064 SOUTH MAIN STREET, PO BOX 69
SANDY CREEK, NEW YORK 13145
Date: October 23, 2017, 6:00 p.m.
Kind of Meeting: Regular Meeting
Board Members Present: Rachel Allen, Ashley Haskins, James Horth, Brandy
Snyder-VanRy, Charles Worden
Others Present: Jessica Godfrey, Celicia Robbins
CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
President James Horth called the meeting to order at 6:04 pm.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Motion to approve agenda by Rachel Allen, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion to approve the minutes from the September 18, 2017 meeting by Brandy Snyder-VanRy, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
● Director’s Report ○ See attached report.
○ Motion to transfer $427.34 from the Operating Account into the Director’s Account by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Charles Worden, approved.
● Finance Report
○ Balances as of September 18, 2017
■ General Fund $17,166.97
■ Director’s Account $37.92
■ Genealogy Account $20,347.06
■ CD $6,347.06
○ Unscheduled Bills
■ Jessica Godfrey in the amount of $197.59 for medical reimbursement.
■ Jessica Godfrey in the amount of $28.89 for mileage reimbursement.
■ North Country Library System (NCLS) in the amount of $150.00 for MLiTeam Software Support.
■ Baker and Taylor in the amounts of $282.18 and $28.46 (totaling $310.64) for books and audio books.
■ Tops Grocery in the amount of $27.53.
■ W.B. Mason in the amount of $101.24 and $36.99 (totaling $138.23) for library supplies.
■ Erie Insurance in the amount of $47.00 for premium adjustment after audit.
■ Demco in the amount of $123.95 for library supplies.
■ Motion to pay the unscheduled bills in addition to the regularly scheduled bills by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Rachel Allen; approved.
○ Motion to transfer $427.34 from the General Fund into the Director’s Account by AshleyHaskins, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
PERIOD FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION
None at this time.
CORRESPONDENCE AND COMMUNICATION
The letter to the State Attorney General was mailed on Thursday, October 12, 2017.
● Outstanding Actionable Items- The Action Plan was examined and tasks are being completed.
● Draft 2018 Budget- Motion to approve the proposed 2018 budget and deliver proposed 2018 budget to the Town Board by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Brandy Snyder-VanRy; approved.
● Conference/Workshop Approval- Jessica Godfrey has requested to attend the following
○ Annual Report Workshop, October 24, 2017
○ Drug Awareness in Libraries, November 14, 2017
○ JAB Meeting, November 29, 2017
○ Motion to approved Jessica’s attendance at these workshops/meetings by Rachel Allen, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
NEXT MEETING DATE
The next regular meeting for the Board of Trustees is scheduled for Monday, November 13, 2017 at 6:00 pm. This meeting will take place at the library.
Motion to adjourn at 8:10 pm by Charles Worden, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
Rachel F. Allen
**All motions unanimously carried unless otherwise noted.**