MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
ANNIE PORTER AINSWORTH MEMORIAL LIBRARY
6064 SOUTH MAIN STREET, PO BOX 69
SANDY CREEK, NEW YORK 13145
Date: February 5, 2018, 6:00 p.m.
Kind of Meeting: Regular Meeting
Board Members Present: Kevin Allard, Rachel Allen, Ashley Haskins, James Horth, Charles Worden
Others Present: Jessica Godfrey
CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
President James Horth called the meeting to order at 6:05 pm.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Motion to approve agenda as revised (with the inclusion of Jessica’s workshops) by Charles Worden, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion to approve the minutes from the January 19, 2018 by Kevin Allard, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
● Director’s Report
○ See attached report.
○ Jessica had a visit from local law enforcement who are wanting to use video footage to investigate an incident that occurred on the street. Jessica will cooperate with the request to see if the footage can be retrieved from requested date.
● Finance Report
○ See attached report
○ The annual report has been completed.
○ Motion to pay unscheduled bills in additional to regularly scheduled bills by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Kevin Allard; approved.
○ Motion to transfer $273.27 from Operating Account into the Director’s Account by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Kevin Allard; approved.
● Fundraising Committee Report
○ Ashley is looking for a host for the trivia night.
○ Celicia is looking for a police officer for the "lock-up" event.
○ The "Love Your Library" event is coming up. Jessica is still looking for donations for the basket.
PERIOD FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION
None at this time.
CORRESPONDENCE AND COMMUNICATION
● Thank you notes have been sent.
● Outstanding Actionable Items- The Action Plan was examined and tasks are being completed.
● Credit Card Policy/Committee Update
○ Ashley was looking for cards that do not have annual fee and rewards linked to Amazon. Discover has rotating categories each quarter. Amazon has 3% credit back for in store for purchases made through Amazon store and 1% for non-Amazon stores (This card is through Chase.). Ashley will continue to look and make sure we can get a business account through Amazon. Jim asked Ashley to check to see who would have to sign for the guarantor.
○ A credit card policy will be drafted for next month
● Senator Ritchie Capital Project- Kevin will work on the paperwork needed for Capital project.
● Other Old Business
○ Jim contacted Nancy regarding invoices for the use of funds provided by the town for the library building maintenance. He has not yet heard back from her.
○ $13,000 in Bullet Aid has not been received. Jessica is unsure when these funds will be available.
● Conference/Workshop Approval- Motion to approve Jessica Godfrey’s attendance at the Cataloging/Circulation Committee Meeting on March 8, 2018 at North Country Library System (NCLS) and at the Joint Automation Board (JAB) Meeting on March 15, 2018 at NCLS by Kevin Allard, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
● Annual Report Approval- Motion to approve Annual Report pending any revisions needed by Friday, February 9, 2018 by Kevin Allard, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
● Other New Business- Kevin will be attending Library Advocacy Day on February 28, 2018 in Albany. He will be checking with the assistants to see if they would like to attend.
NEXT MEETING DATE
The next regular meeting for the Board of Trustees is scheduled for Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 6:00 pm. This meeting will take place at the library.
Motion to adjourn at 7:20 pm by Charles Worden, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
Rachel F. Allen
** All motions unanimously carried unless otherwise noted.**