MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
ANNIE PORTER AINSWORTH MEMORIAL LIBRARY
6064 SOUTH MAIN STREET, PO BOX 69
SANDY CREEK, NEW YORK 13145
Date: April 5, 2018, 6:00 p.m.
Kind of Meeting: Regular Meeting
Board Members Present: Kevin Allard, Rachel Allen, Ashley Haskins, James Horth, Charles Worden
Others Present: Jessica Godfrey
CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
President James Horth called the meeting to order at 6:15 pm.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Motion to approve agenda by Kevin Allard, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion to approve the minutes from the March 8, 2018 meeting by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
● Director’s Report
○ See attached report.
● Finance Report
○ See attached report
○ OELS Overpayment- On March 16, 2018, the library received back administrative overpayment fees that were charged by OELS in the amount of $516.40. Ashley
will look for clarification on whether this amount includes the sub overpayment.
○ A letter needs to be printed on letterhead and given to Pathfinder Bank to authorize Kevin as a check signer on the account.
○ Motion to replenish petty cash in the amount of $15. 90 by Ashley Haskins seconded by Kevin Allard; approved.
○ Motion transfer $1,705.43 to Director’s Account from the General Account by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
○ Motion to approve unscheduled bills as listed in the Treasurer’s report in addition to the regularly scheduled bills by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Rachel Allen; approved.
● Fundraising Committee Report- Ashley will be working with Jessica to set a date for the Trivia Night, which will take place in May.
PERIOD FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION
None at this time.
CORRESPONDENCE AND COMMUNICATION
● Thank you notes to the Higgins Family Trust and donations made in memory of Kay
Dealing have been sent.
● Paperwork should soon be coming from Dormitory Authority of the State of New York
(DASNY) and will need to be sent back for the grant from Senator Ritchie.
● Outstanding Actionable Items- Discussed the creation and components of the Safe Sanctuary Policy.
● Credit Card Policy/Committee Update
○ Credit Card Options - Motion to apply under the name Ainsworth Memorial Library for Paypal Credit Card by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Kevin Allard; approved.
○ Paypal Credit Card (MasterCard) features
■ Protection against fraudulent charges
■ 2% cash back on everything
■ Promotions around holidays
b. Draft Credit Card Policy - Charles has been working on a draft policy and will refine it for the May meeting for discussion and/or approval.
● Security System Training Availability- Charles has not had a chance to explore training available for the security system. The library has a training manual for the security
system. A monitor needs to be hooked up to the system in order to operate it, along with a mouse and keyboard, which the library already has.
● Whistle Blower Policy- Motion to adopt the Whistle Blower policy as attached by Kevin Allard, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
NEXT MEETING DATE
The next regular meeting for the Board of Trustees is scheduled for Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 6:00 pm. This meeting will take place at the library.
Motion to adjourn at 7:45 pm by Kevin Allard, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
Rachel F. Allen
** All motions unanimously carried unless otherwise noted.**