MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
ANNIE PORTER AINSWORTH MEMORIAL LIBRARY
6064 SOUTH MAIN STREET, PO BOX 69
SANDY CREEK, NEW YORK 13145
Date: June 7, 2018, 6:00 p.m.
Kind of Meeting: Regular Meeting
Board Members Present: Kevin Allard, Rachel Allen, Ashley Haskins, Charles Worden
Others Present: Jessica Godfrey
CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
Vice President Charles Worden called the meeting to order at 6:05 pm. Absent from the meeting was President, James Horth (approved).
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Motion to approve agenda by Kevin Allard, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion to approve the minutes from the May 8, 2018 meeting by Kevin Allard, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
● Director’s Report
○ See attached report.
● Finance Report
○ See attached report
○ Treasurer Ashley Haskins presented the projected budget in comparison to the actual finances at this point in the fiscal year.
○ Motion to approve unscheduled bills as listed in the Treasurer’s report in addition to the regularly scheduled bills by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Kevin Allard; approved.
○ Motion transfer $689.28 to Director’s Account from the General Account by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Kevin Allard; approved.
● Fundraising Committee Report
○ Ashley reported that the PowerPoint presentations have been created for Trivia Night. It was decided to move this event to August for advertising purposes. Date is pending.
PERIOD FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION
Jessica shared that Celicia will be using $10.00 to purchase needed supplies for the summer reading program. Celicia will keep her receipts so that Jessica can reimburse her for the purchase.
CORRESPONDENCE AND COMMUNICATION
None at this time.
● Outstanding Actionable Items- Reviewed item list.
● Credit Card Committee Update- Upon starting the process to apply for the PayPal credit card, Ashley learned that it cannot be used as a business card. It was recommended that the library apply for the Capital One Spark Cash Select for Business credit card. Motion to apply under the name Ainsworth Memorial Library for the Capital One Spark Cash Select for Business credit card by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Kevin Allard; approved.
● Plan of Service- The Board examined the goals set by Jessica in the Plan of Service.
● Capital Project
○ Motion to spend up to $100 to put advertisement in the Salmon River News and the Oswego County Weeklies for construction bid packets by Kevin Allard, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
○ The Board discussed the construction grant and possibility to raise money/obtain grant for matching amount. Ashley recommends waiting and developing a long-term plan to make sure that we have secured funding.
● Artwork- Motion to accept all submitted artwork to be hung at the discretion of the director by Kevin Allard, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
NEXT MEETING DATE
The next regular meeting for the Board of Trustees is scheduled for Monday, July 9, 2018 at 6:00 pm. This meeting will take place at the library.
Motion to adjourn at 7:12 pm by Kevin Allard, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
Rachel F. Allen
** All motions unanimously carried unless otherwise noted.**