MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
ANNIE PORTER AINSWORTH MEMORIAL LIBRARY
6064 SOUTH MAIN STREET, PO BOX 69
SANDY CREEK, NEW YORK 13145
Date: August 30, 2018, 4:30 p.m.
Kind of Meeting: Regular Meeting
Board Members Present: Kevin Allard, Rachel Allen, Charles Worden
Others Present: Jessica Godfrey, Louise Sigler
CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
Vice President Charles Worden called the meeting to order at 4:34 pm. Absent from meeting was President James Horth (approved) and Treasurer Ashley Haskins (approved).
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Motion to approve agenda by Kevin Allard, seconded by Rachel Allen; approved.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion to approve the minutes from the July 9, 2018 meeting by Kevin Allard, seconded by Rachel Allen; approved.
● Director’s Report
○ See attached report.
● Finance Report
○ See attached report
○ Motion to pay unscheduled bills as listed in the Treasurer’s report in addition to the regularly scheduled bills by Kevin Allard, seconded by Rachel Allen; approved.
● Fundraising Committee Report
○ Trivia Night will be taking place after the Board Meeting.
○ Kevin discussed the idea of having an Oktoberfest to coincide with the 90th Anniversary celebration scheduled for October 25. Jessica would like to have an
open house to celebrate this milestone.
PERIOD FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION
Louise Sigler spoke of the wonderful work Jessica is doing in the library. The community is pleased but she would like to see more kids and teens in the library. Louise inquired about later
evening hours for fall/winter, but it was explained that we are unable to extend the hours due to budgetary restraints.
CORRESPONDENCE & COMMUNICATION
A thank you note will be sent to Mary Teresa Turo thanking her for the recent donation of $100.
● Outstanding Actionable Items- Reviewed item list.
● Capital Project- Kevin met with RJ Green Paving to finalize bid, getting a price on two things: adding the new parking spaces and fixing the existing parking lot.
● Paid Time Off Discussion- Paid time off will be done at the Director’s discretion. Jessica will keep track of the hours and notify payroll. Assistants will be allowed to take ¼ days. The contract will be updated with this language at the start of the New Year.
● Shared equipment letter (for SCCS district)- Ainsworth Memorial Library has a shared equipment agreement with the Sandy Creek Central School District. Equipment can be
requested by the library for long-term loan and will be loaned at the discretion of the school district. Due to the change in Administration in the past couple of years, the
Board will be sending a new shared equipment letter to the district. Motion to send formal shared equipment request by Kevin Allard, seconded by Rachel Allen; approved.
NEXT MEETING DATE
The next regular meeting for the Board of Trustees is scheduled for Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 6:00 pm. This meeting will take place at the library.
*Please note- The date for this meeting was later rescheduled for Monday, September 24, 2018 at 5:00 pm to all board members to be in attendance.
Motion to adjourn at 5:25 pm by Rachel Allen, seconded by Kevin Allard; approved.
Rachel F. Allen
** All motions unanimously carried unless otherwise noted.**