MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
ANNIE PORTER AINSWORTH MEMORIAL LIBRARY
6064 SOUTH MAIN STREET, PO BOX 69
SANDY CREEK, NEW YORK 13145
Date: October 15, 2018, 4:30 p.m.
Kind of Meeting: Regular Meeting
Board Members Present: Ashley Haskins, James Horth, Charles Worden
Others Present: Jessica Godfrey
CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
President James Horth called the meeting to order at 4:45 pm. Absent from the meeting were Kevin Allard (approved) and Rachel Allen (unapproved).
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Motion to approve agenda by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion to approve the revised minutes from the September 24, 2018 meeting by CharlesWorden, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
● Director’s Report
○ See attached report.
○ The library experienced some flooding in the basement. Mike Castler was contacted to address the problem. A temporary fix has been made, but a more permanent solution is being explored to prevent further flooding. STAT installed a flood alarm near the sump pump to send an alert in the event of future flooding. The bill for this installation has been sent to the town.
● Finance Report
○ See attached report
○ Ashley is going to contact the movie license company to see if the library can get a better rate purchasing the license directly from the company rather than purchasing through North Country Library System (NCLS).
○ Jessica will look into paying the Baker & Taylor bill online with the credit card and Ashley is going to look into other bills that can also be paid this way. This will allow the library to accrue cash back awards to be put back into the budget.
○ Motion to pay unscheduled bills as listed in the Treasurer’s report in addition to the regularly scheduled bills and to reimburse Rachel Allen the $60.00 paid for
the fee for the charter amendment by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
○ Ashley was able to roll the maturing CD into a new CD with an interest rate of 2.75% at a 15 month term. This transaction took place on October 15, 2018.
● Fundraising Committee Report
○ Motion to absolve fundraising committee by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
PERIOD FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION
Bookmark designs have been submitted for the design contest. Board members voted on the winning designs.
CORRESPONDENCE & COMMUNICATION
None at this time.
● Outstanding Actionable Items- Reviewed item list.
● Capital Project- Tabled until the November meeting.
● 2019 Budget
○ At the work session it was decided that the Board will need to go to the town to discuss deficits and what is needed to be fully funded.
○ As President, James will be presenting the proposed 2019 budget to the TownBoard.
○ Motion to approve the 2019 budget by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
● Dissolution Language Amendment- The required documentation has been sent to the State. There is nothing further to do at this time.
● Conference/Meeting Approval- Motion to approve the mileage reimbursement for Jessica Godfrey when she attends the Oswego County Library Council Meeting on October 16, 2018 at Phoenix Public Library and the Circulation and Cataloging Committee meeting on October 25, 2018 at NCLS, by Charles Worden, seconded by Ashley Haskins; approved.
● Sexual Harassment Policy/Complaint Form & Training- Tabled until the November meeting. Jessica will be contacting Onondaga Employee Leasing Services (OELS) to seeif they have a sexual harassment policy in place and the required training. Jim will be looking over the form and sample policy provided by the town.
NEXT MEETING DATE
The next regular meeting for the Board of Trustees is scheduled for Monday, November 12, 2018 at 11:00 am. This meeting will take place at the library.
Motion to adjourn at 5:31 pm by Ashley Haskins, seconded by Charles Worden; approved.
Rachel F. Allen
** All motions unanimously carried unless otherwise noted.**